Fast, nutritious and colorful. This soup is light yet deeply satisfying. Feel free to drop in other veggies, like potatoes, chopped spinach or bright baby petit peas.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 pound of Leeks, washed well and sliced (omit tough green tops)
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can Organic Chickpeas (or 2 cups cooked)
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or water with 2 bouillon cubes)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (reserved)
- Salt and pepper
In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add the celery, onions and leeks. Caramelize but don’t brown the vegetables for 5-7 minutes. Add the chickpeas, stock and turmeric. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add parsley, stir well and serve.